These scripts are for manage MOSS Search farms
The first script
is for help for start the search engine of MOSS 2007 in incremental or full crawl mode.
By default the function stop all crawl tasks in action, usefull in some case.
- Start-Stop-All-Crawl “http://mysearchMOSS” "" #Stop all Search tasks
- Start-Stop-All-Crawl “http://mysearchMOSS” "incremental" #Start the search engine in incremental mode for all datasources
- Start-Stop-All-Crawl “http://mysearchMOSS” "full" #Start the search engine in full crawl mode for all datasources
The second script
is for add Best Bets in a Site collection for the Search results
You have to open the file and use the first lines as template for add all yours Keywords, synonyms and links.
You can see two functions :
- Get-Best-Bets "http://myWebApplication1/sites/mysitecollection/"
- Set-All-Best-Bets "http://myWebApplication1/sites/mysitecollection/"
The first function will show you all existing Best Bets in your site collection, you can use that for list the current configuration.
The second define all the Best Bets for the specified Site Collection, you have before to add the Best Bets as you can see in the function.
The third script
shows all the scheduled crawls defined in your MOSS Search farm
- Get-Crawl-Scheduled-Information “http://myWebApplication1”
The fourth script
creates new managed properties and maps them to crawled properties. Users of the Podcasting Kit for SharePoint
may find this particularly useful as the script defaults to the set of properties the administrator of PKS has to create manually.
- Set-ManagedProperties -url “http://myWebApplication1” [-props "ManagedPropName:Type:CrawledPropName:IncludeInScopes"] [-file <path>]
Fabrice Romelard [MVP]
Sergey Zelenov [MSFT]