Set-WSS-UserInfo-From-ActiveDirectory QUESTION...

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM

So this script is awesome.  I have modified it for our domain and farm, and have added a couple of additional AD properties.  I just need some help with one property from AD. 

I have the script look to the user property "manager" and write to the ManagersName built-in site column.  This works fine except one thing...it looks like it passes the LDAP string for the user's manager instead of the distinguished name.  When I look at a user profile on the farm, the Manger's Name colums displays CN=UserName,OU=Users,OU=MyOU,DC=mydomain,DC=org

How can I make it display the distinguished name of the user's manager from active directory?  When it is reading the AD info, can it return the DN of the user's manager as a string to insert into the ManagersName column instead of the LDAP string?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Chris

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Dear Chris,

You can cut the string you received for the manager value in CN if the content is like you want to show.

If not, you have to create a new sub-fonction in the PS Script where you send the LDAP string to receive the DN.

Have a great day and happy new year for 2012

Romelard Fabrice [MVP]